Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Trouble executing report with parameters via REST
Belmont
<p>I'm having some issues setting up the URI for calling a report design via REST. When using the Interactive REST API on port 5000, and calling POST /visuals/{visualId}/execute, I can pass in this as a paramValues parameter and it will work:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>{"ParameterValue":[{"Name":"beginDate","Value":"2017/06/29"},{"Name":"endDate","Value":"2017/06/30"}]}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, if I pass this in as a part of my own URI, it doesn't work. I've tried the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>¶mValues={\"ParameterValue\":[{\"Name\":\"beginDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/29\"},{\"Name\":\"endDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/30\"}]}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And </p>
<p> </p>
<p>¶mValues=%7B%22ParameterValue%22%3A%5B%7B%22Name%22%3A%22beginDate%22%2C%22Value%22%3A%222017%2F06%2F29%22%7D%2C%7B%22Name%22%3A%22endDate%22%2C%22Value%22%3A%222017%2F06%2F30%22%7D%5D%7D </p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I've also tried doing this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>var str = "{\"ParameterValue\":[{\"Name\":\"beginDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/29\"},{\"Name\":\"endDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/30\"}]}";</p>
<p> </p>
<p>var validStr = encodeURIComponent(str);</p>
<p>Then having my URI be:</p>
<p>uriVisuals + '/' + runAndSaveReportId + '/execute' + '?authId=' + authId + '¶mValues=' + validStr</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And that didn't work either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would get an error that would basically tell me that my endDate isn't being set, which I assume that also means it can't read the beginDate either. Could anyone clarify what it is I could be doing wrong? I just find it odd that it works just fine when calling it from the interactive documentation, but not from the ajax call I set up. The call that I have set up works just fine when I call a report design that doesn't have any parameters at all, it's only when I have parameters that this issue occurs.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet