Home Analytics Developing analytics applications
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

Trouble executing report with parameters via REST

<p>I'm having some issues setting up the URI for calling a report design via REST. When using the Interactive REST API on port 5000, and calling POST /visuals/{visualId}/execute, I can pass in this as a paramValues parameter and it will work:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>{"ParameterValue":[{"Name":"beginDate","Value":"2017/06/29"},{"Name":"endDate","Value":"2017/06/30"}]}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, if I pass this in as a part of my own URI, it doesn't work. I've tried the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>&paramValues={\"ParameterValue\":[{\"Name\":\"beginDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/29\"},{\"Name\":\"endDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/30\"}]}</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And </p>
<p> </p>
<p>&paramValues=%7B%22ParameterValue%22%3A%5B%7B%22Name%22%3A%22beginDate%22%2C%22Value%22%3A%222017%2F06%2F29%22%7D%2C%7B%22Name%22%3A%22endDate%22%2C%22Value%22%3A%222017%2F06%2F30%22%7D%5D%7D </p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I've also tried doing this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>var str = "{\"ParameterValue\":[{\"Name\":\"beginDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/29\"},{\"Name\":\"endDate\",\"Value\":\"2017/06/30\"}]}";</p>
<p> </p>
<p>var validStr = encodeURIComponent(str);</p>
<p>Then having my URI be:</p>
<p>uriVisuals + '/' + runAndSaveReportId + '/execute' + '?authId=' + authId + '&paramValues=' + validStr</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And that didn't work either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would get an error that would basically tell me that my endDate isn't being set, which I assume that also means it can't read the beginDate either. Could anyone clarify what it is I could be doing wrong? I just find it odd that it works just fine when calling it from the interactive documentation, but not from the ajax call I set up. The call that I have set up works just fine when I call a report design that doesn't have any parameters at all, it's only when I have parameters that this issue occurs.</p>