Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter to set date type in query
VHSteve
<p>I would like to display a parameter to the user to allow him/her to select the date used for the date range in the report. The range is simply table.reportdate => x and table.reportdate <= y. Most users are happy with reportdate, but some want to use a different date field in the system, which will return slightly different data. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So what I would like to do is display a parameter where the user can enter the date required, e.g. 'table.reportdate' or 'table.createdate' or 'table.startdate'. I've achieved this, but it doesn't look 'pretty' to the user. How can I change this so that the user has a list Reported, Created, Start, which when an option is chosen it converts it back to 'table.reportdate' or 'table.createdate' or 'table.startdate' in the query? I thought I could do this with decode, but it doesn't seem to work. I am using BIRT 2.3.2.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet