Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
convert string parameter value to time
Siva Rao
<p>How can we convert string parameter value to time format.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wwilliams
<p>Can you provide a bit more information?</p>
<p>I have a string parameter which I convert within the open sql statement. Parameter promt : Enter Base Date e.g. yyyy-mm-dd</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
if(params["prefix"].value.toUpperCase().substring(params["prefix"].value.toUpperCase().indexOf("E") +1,params["prefix"].value.toUpperCase().search("E")) =="E") {
myWhere = " and (ca.enddate >= to_date('"+ params["baseDate"].value + "','mm-dd-yyyy') and SUBSTR (prl.gldebitacct, 1, 27) = ca.sub_glaccount) "
} else {
</pre>
Siva Rao
<p>Hi williams, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p>I have a parameter named as "starttime" and it's data type is string</p>
<p>I have to convert this string to time format </p>
<p> </p>
wwilliams
<p>Well how is this string entered? what format is this string? 8:00:00 AM? 12 hour format or 24 hour format?<span> </span></p>
<p>hh:mm:ss or HH:mm:ss?</p>
Siva Rao
<p>in 12 hour format</p>