Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Having trouble using columns with string values as a key for join data set
CodeRookie
<p>Hi, all! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, here is the issue I'm running into.... I'm trying to create a join data set where the join key columns have varchar (string) values..... No dice. Is this not possible, or is there a special procedure for doing it? Rather frustrating, as I have no other way to join the two tables.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Please define 'No Dice'. Are you getting errors? If yes, please share more details. This should work (I have done this many times in the past).</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Mica,</p>
<p>Good morning! We got it to work...... We ended up having to combine three columns into one long string to come up with a distinct value with which to base the join key on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>