Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
remote execution of commands
nipper
Anyone try using CLTs from machines other than the server ?
I am trying on server1 to execute a lock on server2. I have local access to the binarys, but not nfs access to /iwmnt.
I was hoping to set IWCLT_SERVER=server2 and execute
iwlock.
Anyone try this before ?
TIA
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tvaughan
Hi Andy,
I'm confused . . . in your example are both server1 and server2 TeamSite installations? Or have you just copied some $IWHOME/bin files to a random server (server1) and you're trying to use them to lock files under /iwmnt on server2?
Also, when you say "I was hoping to set IWCLT_SERVER...", is that some $ENV variable or something? Gimme some more info and I'll see if I can help . . .
Tom
nipper
I have TeamSite on server1 and server2, I want to lock a file on server2, executed from server1. I can setup an ssh script, but if a CLT will work, that is easier.
IWCLT_SERVER is an environment variable specified in the CLT reference manual to execute CLTs from one system to another. It implies the the backingstore does not need to be mounted on the second server, but I am not certain & it is not behaving that way..
Andy