Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to browse UNIX file system from workflow
fiquebem
I need to write a workflow template that allows the user to select a file or a directory in his workarea (only).
I don't think I can get a list of all the possible files/directories and create a selection list -- there are too many items in the workareas.
No, I don't want the have a usertask and then ask the user to add a file from it.
Isn't there some sort of "browse" templating-instance I can resort to when obtaining user input at the beginnig of the workflow?
Will I have to write a script to invoke from a cgitask? Yuch. Does anyone have such a script that allows one to pass parameters such as "ceiling directory," whether a file or directory should be selected, whether it is required, etc?
Actually, even a simple CGI script that allows one to navigate directories and select an item would be great.
Thanks,
S.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Look at the default_submit.wft for an example of how files pre-selected in the browser UI can be automatically added to the workflow. In addition, you can check the value of the form variables, iw_workarea and iw_user, to verify which workarea they user was in when they initiated the job. This can give you [at least] two error conditions:
1) The user did not pre-select files - either have the job error out right there, or add a task for the user to select/add files as the initial task in the workflow
2) The user was working in the wrong workarea - have the job error out right there.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
fiquebem
Thanks for trying to help, Sir Fish. Allow me to explain, though. I want to allow the user to select files/directories from the TS GUI, then select File --> New Job, and pick a job such as "Apply metadata from another file."
Thus, I need to prompt the user to select one more file (the one with the metadata), so I can apply that metadata to the initially selected files.
I was hoping to borrow some code to navigate directories, etc. Looks like lots of people could use that.
I think at the moment I'll just have a text field for the user to type in a file name.
Cheers,
S.
Adam Stoller
Ah - now I understand what you're trying to do...
The customer I'm working for right now developed (or borrowed?) their own file browser cgi script that they use in a cgi-callout on the metadata capture form to copy metadata from the browsed-to-selected-file to the currently-being-processed-file. (this is in the OOTB metadata capture form - not MetaTagger enabled)
As I did not write the code I'm not at liberty to post it (sorry).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Lynchy
I wrote this which allowed me to have a seperate assets branch where all website assets were stored then as needed in a DCR I would have a cgi-callout which would allow the user to browse the assets branch. Thought it amy help you.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=10283&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Lynchy&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=10081