Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI : javascript
vahu
Hi,
We have a situation where have a lot of tasks when the user presses save/saveclose/close etc. My issue here is that some of these callouts result in the script returning some values that are to be saved to the DCR.
If i fire IWDatacapture.save() the save events are triggered again. I do not want this kind looping.
I have done something similiar before (4.5.2) where I used to trigger onblur() on the item. onblur() then saved the data in TeamSite internal DB, which is exactly what we want to achieve (NO re-triggering of events).
But the issue here in 5.5.2 is containers. All the elements in a DCT are wrapped inside a conatiner. Now this results in that the item name becomes 'main/test'.
Now javascripting somehow can not handle this kind of referencing. Is there another way to accomplish this ??
I have to complete the DCT this weekend. it is to be tested on monday so ... any kind of help/hints are most welcome.
/VaHu
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
hmmm you have a few issues there:
I presume you are taking about doing a number of callServer requests here? If so, than you have to structure things correctly. Consider:
-The callServer() method is asynchronous.
-Only one call can be active at a time. Subsequent calls to callServer() will cancel any previous calls.
So you will need to look at your requirements and try and come up with a solution within these limitations.
Sorry this is pretty general, perhaps if you have a more specific problem then I could be more precise.
As for your container issue:
You can do a getItem request with a reference such as '/main/test'.
Alternatively you can get the container and then getChildren on the item.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Michael