Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Build HTML list from Multiple Report Elements for Display in Report
mwilliams
This example shows a way to grab data from multiple embedded tables to display after the table. In this example, there are comments in the detail of the report. Some lines have comments and others do not. To make the table look consistent and not have lots of word wrapping, I replaced the comments data element in the table with a statement telling the user to see the comments list below. For the rows without comments, I simply put that there were no comments. In the onCreate for the row, I then grabbed the customer name, the order number, and the comment and added it to my HTML list that I initialized in the initialize method of the report. I then displayed this HTML formatted list in a text element at the bottom of the report.<br />
<br />
This way of doing things isn't necessarily the best way for this example because I could have just placed a table with the comments attached to the dataSet below the main table, but sometimes it isn't that easy to grab data from several places to be displayed later in your report, so something like this is useful at times.<br />
<br />
This report was designed in BIRT 2.5.1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet