Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
New Report Item for Report Parameter
Mikkel T A
This devshare submission qualifies for
Plug In 2 BIRT Contest
<br />
<br />
As an Architect for a BIRT based RCP app that is used by the end customers, I find it interesting to cut down on the need for custom javascript code, and it seems like this is one of the few issues I keep hitting, being able to show multi select parameter display text in a filter summary in the top of each report, so I got creative and created this plugin to make it easier to create the filter by simply drag and drop a report item.
<br />
<br />
The Installation is very simple.
<br />
<br />
For Designer
<br />
Add the plugin from the attached zip file to the plugins folder of your Designer and relaunch it. The Report Item should then be visible in the palette at the bottom. I included a screenshot of how it should look inside the zip file.
<br />
<br />
For Runtime
<br />
Add the plugin to the birt.war/WEB-INF/lib and restart the server, it should then process the report item at runtime.
<br />
<br />
I also attached a report doc for testing purpose, so you can see it in action. The plugin is tested with 2.6 and up but I see no reason why it would not work before that.
<br />
<br />
The plugin is ready for translation so if that is needed feel free to contribute a fragment with languages.
<br />
<br />
This plugin will be made available in the
BIRT Exchange Marketplace
later next week so if you find any missing pieces please let me know as soon as possible.
<br />
<br />
The plugin is made available using the
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet