Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
target side filters in OD501possible?
PaulW
Hi,
I am trying to do target-side filtering so that my xml files on the target are not deleted.
I see in the DTD in the manual it doesn't look possible in the <target> node. It looks like it is only possible from within a <targetRules> node inside <pathSpecification>. Is this correct?
I only have one source, so does this mean I would have to put two targets? One in <targetRules>, and one in <target>? Would this perform the same deploy twice? For some reason have <targetRules> within <pathSpecification> doesn't do anything.
Below is what it looks like. For testing purposes I am using 2 different targets. Filters don't work for the target "global2", nothing happens fo rthe target "global".
Am I doing something wrong? or is this just a problem with OD5.0.1?
Any help is appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------------------
<definition name="CapitalAustraliaDevTemplatedata">
<source>
<sourceFilesystem area="y:/default/main/Internet/Capital/Global/EDITION/ed_0075">
<pathSpecification>
<path name="templatedata\aabc_content">
<filters>
<excludePath subPath="presentation" />
<excludePattern regex="\.cfg" />
<excludePattern regex="\.tpl" />
</filters>
</path>
<targetRules area="c:\WSAD_workspace\ContentDeliveryWeb\Web Content2\content\global">
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" ignoreAcls="yes"/>
<transferRules doDeletes="yes" preserveAcls="no"/>
<filters>
<excludePattern regex="\.xml" />
</filters>
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="CapitalAustraliaFARMNAME">
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" ignoreAcls="yes"/>
<transferRules doDeletes="yes" preserveAcls="no"/>
<targetFilesystem area="c:\WSAD_workspace\ContentDeliveryWeb\Web Content2\content\global2"/>
</target>
</definition>
----------------------------------------------------------------
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Paul,
I had a similar problem when working with a fantastic client in sunny Queensland. You will definitely want to check out this Tech Note:
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=2391</A>
In particular I find this line highly amusing!
"The change from a terse-looking configuration file format to an XML based file format turned out not to be as trivial a task as one might expect. "
Let us know if this doesn't get you sorted.
Cheers
Michael
Adam Stoller
As I believe I wrote the referred to article - my primary advice - *upgrade* - at least to OpenDeploy 5.5.1 SP2 - but preferably OpenDeploy 5.6 SP1.
The processing of target-side filters was fixed in 5.5.1
5.6 provides more nice features and other improvements.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)