Create DB2 Docbase for Documentum 6 Content Server

Options
chankokchern
edited August 7, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hi guys,

Need you help regarding about setting docbase as DB2 for documentum 6 (SP1)

How do I setup db2 as the data source for documentum content server. For SQL Server 2005, we uses the wizard to setup. But For DB2, how do we do it.

I have install the DB2 client and also create the database, but have no idea in the setting of the database as the docbase.

Thanks

Comments

• RajendraPS
    edited August 7, 2008 #2
    Options

Hi,

Can you tell me what OS platform you are using?

Thanks

• chankokchern
    edited August 7, 2008 #3
    Options

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for your response.

Basically, my content server is install in a Window Server 2003, while for my db2 database, it is in AIX 5.3.

• RajendraPS
    edited August 7, 2008 #4
    Options

Hi,

Can you check the following

1. Did you configured your DB2 client with remote AIX db2 server ?

If not follow the steps provided in the following URL

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cmgmt/v8r3m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.installingcm.doc/icmpgmst705.htm

2. If you have configured your DB2 client with AIX DB2 server you can create catalog in DB2, for more information you can refer the following link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp

I hope this should resolve your problems.

Thanks

• chankokchern
    edited August 7, 2008 #5
    Options

Hi Rajendra,

for the first part, I have configure the client to my AIX server as my control centre is able to view the instance and database.

for the second part, I don't really understand especially catalog (what is it). and after I create the catalog what should I do next.

Sorry for being too noob.

And one more thing that I need you to ask in order to clarified my doubt.....

Please correct me if I am wrong, when creating an docbase, we use the Documentum Server Manager to create it. But I found out that using that wizard only allow us to create the docbase for SQL Server and nothing else. which means that in order to create a docbase for DB2 and Oracle, it takes a different approach to create an docbase right. (That is the reason why I post this thread). If so, what are the steps involve. (It never indicate much on the Documentum installation guide)

Thanks