How to start on Documentum

kish
edited August 18, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hi All,

I am newbie for Documentum.I have gone through articles posted in this site about Documentum and understood its features.But i dont know how to start working on practicle examples.

How to install documentum.Is its trail version availablie to download?

Please guide me step by step.

Regards,

KK

Comments

• JosePGisone
    edited August 15, 2008 #2

KK,

I'm not aware of a trial or evaluation version available for download to the general public. Generally you have to have a relationship with EMC DCTM to obtain access to their software, either as a partner or as a customer. I'm assuming you want to obtain experience installing and using DCTM in order to increase your chances of getting a job.

There are tons of ways of doing this, but I was recently told of a very interesting way in which somebody did this. About 8 years ago I started working for my current employer, and one of my first projects was to do help develop a custom application for a large company. I already had a good amount of DCTM experience, but I noticed that one of our testers - who was testing using pre-written test scripts - was not as experienced. He was a recent immigrant that had difficulty with the English language.

Recently my employer remarked how this young man had endeared himself to my boss: he confided that he was "desperate" to break into the industry and offered his services for a mere $5 / hour, which was a bargain even then.

My boss liked this attitude (and the difference in bill rates) so he was hired for the job.

You could try something similar.

• aashishpatil
    edited August 18, 2008 #3

I've started a Wiki document on 'Getting Started with Documentum'.

If anyone is interested in contributing to the document feel free to do so by clicking on 'Edit document' in the right column.