Ending session in DFS

Options
Glady
edited December 15, 2008 in Documentum #1

To invoke the chained services in DFS,I'm using token string got from ContextFactory by registering ServiceContext.

After invoking services i need to close the session. How to unregister ServiceContext with respect to particular token?.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Oleg
    edited September 2, 2008 #2
    Options

ServiceContexts normally expire by themselves so you don't need to explicitly unregister them. The expiration timeout is 60 minutes by default and you can change it in dfs-runtime.properties.

If you still wish to unregister the context manually you can use "com.emc.documentum.fs.rt.services.ContextRegistryService" to do so, but you need to provide the URL of the ContextRegistryService in this case, not the module name as you would do for ContextFactory. This can be inconvenient.

• BHALJR01
    edited December 8, 2008 #3
    Options

Where can I find the dfs-runtime.properties?

• Oleg
    edited December 15, 2008 #4
    Options

Please see the "Server runtime startup settings" section of the Deployment guide.

The following list describes the precedence that dfs-runtime.properties files take depending on their location:

• a local-dfs‑runtime.properties file in the local classpath
    • a runtime properties file specified with ‑Ddfs.runtime.properties.file
    • a dfs‑runtime.properties packaged with emc‑dfs‑rt.jar

For example, settings in the local-dfs‑runtime.properties file on the local classpath will take precedence of identical settings in the dfs‑runtime.properties file that is located in emc‑dfs‑rt.jar or the one specified with the ‑D parameter. The DFS application must be restarted after any changes to the configuration. As a best practice, use the provided configuration file that is deployed in the emc‑dfs‑rt.jar file for your base settings and use an external file to override settings that you specifically wish to change.