how to use Documentum

himani_ja
edited November 26, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hello,
i m vey new to 'Documentum'.

could u plz help.
how can i use 'Documentum' in asp.net 2.0 project.
what r the prerequisite of using 'Documentum'.
the related API of 'Documentum'.

Regards
Himani

Comments

• mosallem
    edited November 26, 2008 #2

Hi,

Before you start developing ASP.NET applications that use Documentum first you have to install the DFC on your dev machine, in the installation make sure that you choose to include the Primary Interop Assembly and developer documentation, after that you have to run the Primary InteropAssembly setup (you will find it in the C:\Program Files\Documentum\setup folder)

Now from your ASP.NET project you can now add a reference to the interop assembly (Documentum.Interop.DFC).

There's a documentation for the interop assembly available in this location (C:\Program Files\Documentum\Shared\Documentum.Interop.DFC.chm), make sure that you read the Post Installation Steps  section that is available in this document

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited November 26, 2008 #3

On top of the previous comment, I stroingly recommend tht you ask your company to send you to a couple of Documentum trainings. If you don't know what you're talking about, it will take ages for you to develop your application. Trainings are always a positive investment and at the end of the day, the ROI is always welcome