Error while trying to configure docbase using documentum application installer

Options
hcodpleh
edited November 28, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hello everyone,

I'm new in Documentum. I have Documentum 5.3.0.413 SP4 already installed under Win 2000 SP4 and SQL Server 2000 ver. 8.00.760 (x86).

I would like to deploy Documentum Desktop 5.2.5 SP2. Before the deployment, I need to install the default DocApp using Documentum Application installer. The version of Documentum Application Installer is 5.2.5 SP2.

When I start the docbase configuration, I've entered the needed informations (docbase name, user having the superuser privileges and having Administrator as client capability); I've got the following error message:

Application Installer Log
November 26, 2008 5:24:47 PM EST
Log Filename: DcDesktopClient_installerLog.html

User Name: dmadmin

Target Docbase name: cgidev

Domain: gedwin2000

DocApp Name: C:\Docbase_configuration\DocApp\Multilingual\DcDesktopClient

Successful login

**** ENVIRONMENTAL VERIFICATIONS ****
Server version is: 5.3.0.413 SP4 Win32.SQLServer. Installation is allowed

User "dmadmin" has Super User privileges

The following users are logged in:

dmadmin

dm_bof_registry

ERROR: Installation cannot proceed.

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.documentum.ApplicationManager.DfApplication___PROXY cannot be cast to com.documentum.ApplicationManager.DfApplication

ERROR: Installation cannot proceed.

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.documentum.ApplicationManager.DfApplication___PROXY cannot be cast to com.documentum.ApplicationManager.DfApplication at com.documentum.ApplicationManager.DfApplication.findFromApplicationName(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.ApplicationInstall.DfAppInstaller.verifyDocApp(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.ApplicationInstall.DfAppInstaller.verifyEnvironment(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.ApplicationInstall.DfAppInstaller.startInstall(Unknown Source) at com.documentum.ApplicationInstall.DfAppInstaller.main(Unknown Source)

ABORT TRANSACTION

Could you help?

Thanks in advance

Romuald

Comments

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited November 28, 2008 #2
    Options

I guess my 1st question would be: Why do you want to deploy Desktop 5.2 on a 5.3 install ?

The second would be, why would you want to deploy a product that is not going to be supported anymore at the end of this year (unless you pay an extra support fee ?

Do you still have a 5.2.* Docbase where you'd have your Docapp installed. If yes, in DAB 5.3 SP4, open it and create the archive again and then you can try again installing it

Good luck

• hcodpleh
    edited November 28, 2008 #3
    Options

Thank you.