how to deploy java code as workflow method and as a custom lifecycleuser action

Options
dm2
dm2
edited December 3, 2008 in Documentum #1

in version 6.5.

pliz guide me.

i didnot found any appropriate documentation

a found one article on bluefish - where in module type i should write neither SBO nor TBO but "Lifecycle" and that sample doesnot wrok

for now, i only theoretically know that if i need implement custom user action in lifecycle - i should implement interfaces such as IDfModule and IDfLifecycleUserAction

but i have no sample code

what about workflows - i didnot ses any samples and articles

any samples, docs any help

Comments

• mszurap
    edited December 2, 2008 #2
    Options

Look at this page too, there is a sample workflow method.

http://developer-content.emc.com/developer/samplecode.htm

For lifecycles, it should work as you wrote (as Bluefish wrote).

• dm2
    dm2
    edited December 2, 2008 #3
    Options

i can write methods =) but i cannot deploy them as modules not as jar in dba\java_methods directory

what are the steps ?

i cannot make sample from bluefish work...

• mszurap
    edited December 2, 2008 #4
    Options

Workflow methods cannot be deployed as modules. You should copy your classes under dba/java_methods. In 5.3 we were able to create a jar and put them under $DM_HOME/methodsrv/webapps/DmMethods/WEB-INF/lib, in 6 or 6.5 I don't know (I haven't tried) the "compatible" solution to this.

• jyoti.tiwari
    edited December 3, 2008 #5
    Options

You should copy the class of java method in /Documentum/dba/java_methods in package hierarchy. Then create a new method by DA/Webtop  -- /method/newmethod, give a name and in verb classname of ur java method(classpath). Then call java method by name that you should gave on the time of creation of java method in DA.