Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Design Question
RichieRich
I currently have the following structures in place.
[MySite] Branch
----[ebiz] WORKAREA
-------- [regions] FOLDER
------------ [REGION1] (Subfolders)
------------ [REGION2]
------------ [REGIONNth]
My question is as follows,
Since I already have this struture under the ebiz workarea, I would have to create up a new workarea for each region/user group and configure a submit filter to ensure the group permissions are retain for the respective regions.
e.g.,
<pre>
[MySite] Branch
---- [REGION1] WORKAREA
--------[regions] FOLDER
------------[REGION1] (Subfolder)
----[REGION2] WORKAREA
--------[regions] FOLDER
------------ [REGION2] (Subfolder)
---- [REGIONNth] WORKAREA
--------[regions] FOLDER
------------ [REGIONNth] (Subfolder)
Are there any flaws with this or over sights that I've over looked?
-[ Richie Rich ]-
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
The submit.cfg alters the permissions on files as they are being submitted, and then are reflected back into each workarea on that branch when a Get Latest is performed.
Each workarea on a given branch has references to *all* the files/folders within that branch.
As long as the intent is that each REGIONxxx sub-folder (and the contents therein) should have specific permissions regardless of which workarea it is accessed through - your plan should work.
If you are trying to have *different* permissions on the *same* folder when viewed from *different* workareas - you will not succeed.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)