Hi,
first of all I'm new to Documentum so I might say some things that won't make sense, please indulge me.
Situation:
I'm involved on two different projects one for CS 5.2 SP3 (it's already built and need some maintenance) and the other on C.S. 6.0. I need to work using the same tools on my workstation. Is there a way to install everything - DFC, DFS SDK's you know better.
Developer Software:
Can I have both environments installed on my laptop without interfering one another?
What would be the recomended software to install? for Java and .NET (primarily I use Visual Studo 2008 .NET 2.0+)
I've already gone thru 5.2 SP3 software install and have: Documentum Desktop, Application Builder, Application Installer, Offline Client, Virtual Document Manager and Workflow Manager. Is there anything else to install for this version?
Samples:
Are there any samples to download o included when installing Documentum tools?
Manuals and References
I've been reading several manuals from emc, which would you recomend to read in order to grab the concepts correctly.
UPGRADES:
I must finish deployment on the 5.2 project before considering upgrade to 6.0. how dificult will it be then? Any considerations to take into account?
I've also been watching the new version 6.5 is it easy to move from 6.0 to 6.5 will I need major changes to my solution?
Thanks
Ruben