Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD Receiver status
Sunil Mugalavally
Hi,
Is there a control command or any other way to find the status of the OD receivers?
We are experiencing deployment failures very often when the OD receiver fails.
I would like to know the status of the receivers before initiating the deployments.
We are on WIN 2K
OD 5.6, SP 1
Any help appreciated.
-Sunil
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you have the OpenDeploy Admin GUI set up and the ports to connect to the Receiver are open (either you aren't going through a firewall, or you are and you've enabled the ports as per the documentation) - you should be able to look at the Receiver and its logs before initiating a deployment.
If you are trying to do it from the command line - can you telnet to the Receiver and look from there? Or do you need to do it remotely? You could try running the deployment in simulated mode first (from the command line just add: -sim)
If you're having problems with the Receiver on an on-going basis - you should probably contact Interwoven Support and provide them with the various logs and configuration files so that they can assist you in sorting through them.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Sunil Mugalavally
Thanks Ghoti.
We have the OpenDeploy Admin UI set up and the ports are set up as per the documentation.
My concern is with the filelist deployments triggered through workflows. Because lot of deployments have been failing just because the receiver is down sometimes, I thought I could initiate the deployment only if the receivers are alive and automate the error handling.
In the workflow, before triggering the deployment I run the "iwodserverstatus" command to check if the OD is alive. Like wise I would wish to check the receivers too.
This is the kind of error I get..
COMMITTING Transactional Deployment
Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: commit-failed.
ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[Y:\default\main\TECWorks\WORKAREA\Prod_Content] for filelist[C:\iw-home\tmp\filelists\TECWorks_SubmitStandard_QA_50189.txt]
ERROR: Failed 1 of 1 filelists
client: ROLLBACK Transactional Deployment
Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: Could not open transaction list for rollback.
ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[Y:\default\main\TECWorks\WORKAREA\Prod_Content] for filelist[C:\iw-home\tmp\filelists\TECWorks_SubmitStandard_QA_50189.txt]
ERROR: Failed 1 of 1 filelists
-Sunil
deepak
Sunny ,
You can run the same "iwodserverstatus" command on the receiver side too...if that helps....
Sunil Mugalavally
Thanks Deepak.
I think this helps.
May be I have to have a DnR run as part of the deployment that checks the status of the receivers before initiating the deployments.
Hum.. I am getting there
Migrateduser
Or you could run a quick test deployment, or a simulated deployment.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com