Problem in Webtop Upgrade(URGENT)

Options
mitesh
edited January 28, 2009 in Documentum #1

I am trying to upgrade my customized(custom) code from 5.3 SP4 to 6. & with 5.3 SP4 repository only.

1) I deployed Webtop.war file on Application server. It worked. with some exception specific to D6 , like Preset I can find in Logs. but basic functionlaitty was working.

2) When I replaced Custom folder & subfolders with app.xml file &
WEB-INF/classes folder & sub folder.

I am not able to start the application. I request you to let me know if I am missing basic step before I replace the custom folder.

Need to recomplie the code in Eclipse IDE or Composer

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 27, 2009 #2
    Options

The schema definition of app.xml may have changed between 5.3 to 6.  I suggest you perform a diff between your custom 5.3 app.xml and out of the box 5.3 app.xml and see what has changed.  With the list of changes, see if they still valid for 6 app.xml.  If they are, create custom 6 app.xml with those changes.

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited January 28, 2009 #3
    Options

Also, lokk in the logs generated by the app server, not only the document logs. It might give you the reason why this specific context wouldn't start.

At last, if you have any customisation, you migth want to recompile the Java classes. If they are any changes in the import, for example, the xerces support went to using 2.6 to 2.8 and because of that the package to import has changed name, compiling will report all these errors