Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Control Access to DCT
System
Say I have a DCT called "Department". I have 3 DCRs within "Department" and they are HR, IT, MARKETING. I like to have following access control: user Bob can update HR, Tom can update IT, Ted can update MARKETING, but not the other two. Is there a built-in way in TS to do so? If not, what's the recommended solution.
Thanks in advance
Albert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe you can use submit.cfg to alter the protections on the specific DCRs as you have described. Unclear how maintainable this will be over time, but I believe it will accomplish what you are looking to do.
Alternatively, you might be able to use FormAPI to verify the user's identity on loading up the DCR - and if it's not the right user - traverse the entire DCR structure and mark everything as read-only.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)