Problem I am trying to solve:
User needs to be able to do a range search on a dollar amount. I have set up a From and To number control and set the data type as floats.
Problem is that if a user enters a commas during data entry (1,2399.59), depending on if they tab out of the field or hit the search-trigger button they get different error messages. I assume this is due to client side and server side validation. I did enter a custom error message in the Forms Builder properties but that only comes up once the search-trigger button is pressed.
1) Is there an out of the box way to get consistent behavior in the error messages?
2) Is there a better way to do this so the user can enter commas and not get an error, but still be able to do a range search?
See attached file.