Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
templating n data deploy
mon
there's a container in my dcr which has two items. If item1 is selected then value "1" should be deployed to the "type" field in the database else a value of 2 should be deployed. Can anyone help me out in this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hiya
I am not exactly sure what you mean by, if item1 is selected? However hopefully the following is helpful?
Anyhoo, I would be likely to approach this problem with a bit of formAPI. You could have a the type field as a hidden item. You could then add an event handler for when item1 or item2 is selected. In the event handler you would populate the item field appropriately.
This should then make your data deploy straightforward -- which I think is generally a good approach.
Cheers
Michael
mon
item1 is just an item inside the container. Now, how exactly do i do that??? cuz adding an event handler works fine for drop downs n stuff like that but it doesnt work for containers.
Michael
I'm not sure I understand you sorry. Perhaps if you attach your DCT?
But having a guess at what you mean...
The items in your container would be one of (checkbox|radio|
text|textarea|select|browser) yes? You can add one event handler to each of your items?
mon
Act the best way out is to have a drop down. but since the items under contest are mandatory n if the user selected promotion it would thru an error stating to fill the mandatory fields. n since there are replicants it was like imp to set all the items as required thru formapi. So i switched to a container !
tried adding an event handler for promotion n contest id but it doesnt seem to be working!!