Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwpt_compile.ipl - segmentation fault error
edtmnjn
Hi,
I've got problems with iwpt_compile.ipl crashing under some circumstances, leaving an error code of 139 and a Segmentation fault message. The call to iwpt_compile.ipl is embedded within a function, which is a part of a Perl module.
Most of the time it works just fine, generating the output it should, returning it to, in this case, STDOUT. But sometimes the command fails with the error mentioned above. I've also seen a similar error, but then with the error message "Bus error".
When I then run the exact same command manually in the shell everything works just fine, but not when used from the Perl module.
Anyone who's had similar problems or maybe knows what may be causing this weird behaviour?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Look to see if a core file is dumped when you get the segmenetation fault.
If so - (and even if you cannot find one) - I'd suggest working with Interwoven Support to see if they can help you diagnose the problem further.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
edtmnjn
Thanks, but no, no core dumps found (and where could they be found if the problem occurs in a presentation template, or rather in a module used in a presentation template)?
But I guess I'll have to work together with Interwoven on this one. Thanks for helping out.
Regards,
Peter
fuzzy
Hi did you ever get this resolved as we have a similar problem
Farzam
ffarzanehfar@yahoo.co.uk
">
ffarzanehfar@yahoo.co.uk
Migrateduser
I had a similar problem on my last project, turned out to be the BOM (first three bytes in the XML header) a text editor was inserting into the PT. Use vi on the file - if the first three characters are \****\****\**** remove them. This was from using Windows editors on Unix files, emeditor seemed to solve the problem. We had similar issues when locale-specific content (back to top in Korean/Italian/etc.) was hard-coded in the presentation templates. But your issue might be totally different. If you run iwperl -d iwpt_compile.ipl ... for the coredump condition you may find your problem (after some time).