Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD-DD Sync - Directory Structure
System
I'm in the midst of using the OD-DD sync and what I'm trying to do is have the dump data go to one directory (e:\iwov_dumpdir) while my main target content go to (e:\iwov_content) - however, I get the following error when I run this deployment - and I have set this directory on the receiver side in odrcvr.xml to be allowed to deploy to.
When I do this as a test with my dumpdir and content to c:\tmp\predeploy and c:\tmp\production on the same level it works fine but this is not how I need this configured. Thus it appears for the OD-DD sync to work correctly - the directories need to be at the same level - can anyone confirm this
ERROR: prepare-failed.
Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: [e:\iwov_dumpdir] is not an allowed deployment path.
ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[E:\iwov_dumpdir]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<deploymentConfiguration >
<localNode host="myserver" />
<replicationFarmSet>
<replicationFarm name="Stg_TeamsiteToPersServer">
<nodeRef useNode="stagingappserver1"/>
<nodeRef useNode="stagingappserver2"/>
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
<definition name="SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA" >
<source>
<sourceFilesystem area="Y:\default\main\test\STAGING" filelist="" >
<pathSpecification >
<path name="." >
</path>
<targetRules area="E:\iwov_content" ></targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
<sourceFilesystem area="E:\iwov_dumpdir" >
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
<targetRules area="E:\iwov_dumpdir" />
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="Stg_TeamsiteToPersServer">
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes"/>
<transferRules doDeletes="yes"/>
<permissionRules file="0644" directory="0755"/>
<targetFilesystem area="E:\iwov_dumpdir"/>
</target>
</definition>
<deployment transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA" downRev="" >
<deployNRun >
<dnrDeployment location="source" when="before" state="success" >
<script cmd="d:\iw-home\interwoven\teamsite\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe d:\iw-home\interwoven\DataDeploy\bin\ddsync.ipl E:\iwov_dumpdir dump full /default/main/test/STAGING" as="" where="d:\iw-home\interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\conf" async="no" >
</script>
</dnrDeployment>
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="after" state="success" >
<script cmd="d:\iw-home\interwoven\teamsite\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe d:\iw-home\interwoven\DataDeploy\bin\ddsync.ipl E:\iwov_dumpdir dumpdir loaduds full E:\iwov_content" as="" where="d:\iw-home\interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\conf" async="no" >
</script>
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Should mention I'm using OD 551 and DD 552
Migrateduser
What allowedDirectory do you have configured in your OD target server?
From the error message there seems to be a mismatch.
Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: [e:\iwov_dumpdir] is not an allowed deployment path.
ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[E:\iwov_dumpdir]
Are the drive letters the same case?
ie. E:\iwov_dumpdir versus e:\iwov_dumpdir
Migrateduser
Everything is uppercase so I don't know where it's getting the
lowercase e from - my deployment config is uppercase E:\, the two receiver files each are in uppercase, when I create loadb.cfg - the syntax is is uppercase? - any other files to check?
nipper
I did not see OpenDeploy/etc/odbase.xml can you post it ?
I have had trouble in the <AllowedDirectories> using a path
that has a trailing /
so use this:
<path name="e:\iwov_dumpdir"/>
not this
<path name="e:\iwov_dumpdir\">
It is worth a try
Andy
Migrateduser
Here is the odbase.xml - no matter if they are all lowercase or uppercase and no matter if I change everything in my deployment config to all lowercase and then create my loaddb.cfg with either upper or lowercase e:\ or E:\
I get the same error
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployServerConfiguration>
<!-- This is a master agent configuration for a RECEIVER -->
<!-- Indicate that the configuration defined hereafter in this file -->
<!-- are applicable on the specified host. Moving this file to -->
<!-- another host requires changing the host value. -->
<localNode host="WSP01"/>
<listenerProperties name="InterwovenOpenDeploy"
bindPort="20014" />
<transportProperties name="od"
bufferSize="8000"
/>
<allowedHosts>
<node host="WSP03">
<allowedDirectories>
<!-- Files should be deployed to this path in real scenario/buildout -->
<path name="E:\iwov_content"/>
<path name="E:\iwov_dumpdir"/>
<path name="E:\iwov_content\dumpdir"/>
<path name="E:\iwov_content\predeploy\dumpdir"/>
<path name="E:\iwov_content\production\dumpdir"/>
<path name="E:\iwov_content\predeploy\targdir"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
</allowedHosts>
<logRules maxBytes="32Mb"
directory="D:\iw-home\Interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\log"
level="verbose"
/>
</deployServerConfiguration>
Migrateduser
These questions may sound basic, so apologies....
You are deploying to a farm of 2 target machines.
Are the targets OD receiver or OD base servers?
If OD receiver, the config will likely be odrcvr.xml, not odbase.xml.
Are the odbase.xml (or odrcvr.xml) of both target machines allowing the same directories?
There is a way that these server configs can reference a file different from the default named configs (ie. odbase.xml or odrcvr.xml). This specification is made in deploy.cfg. Has this been changed. If it has, you may be updating the odbase/odrcvr configs to no avail because the deploy.cfg is pointing OD to use another config.
The unallowed directory error is definitely some configuration error. Just have to find it.
I could not duplicate your problem using a multiple-sourceFilesystem deployment. (I did not try an OD-DD configuration, but that is not the issue).
Migrateduser
I'm deploying to two receiver servers - so on each of those server I've modified the odrcvr.xml file
currently I get this error:
ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[E:\iwov_dumpdir\dumpdir]
ERROR: Failed 1 of 2 local_directories
with this deployment:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<deploymentConfiguration >
<localNode host="WSP03" />
<replicationFarmSet>
<replicationFarm name="Stg_TeamsiteToPersServer">
<nodeRef useNode="stagingappserver1"/>
<nodeRef useNode="stagingappserver2"/>
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
<definition name="SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA" >
<source>
<sourceFilesystem area="Y:\default\main\test\STAGING" filelist="" >
<pathSpecification >
<path name="." >
</path>
<targetRules area="E:\iwov_content" >
</targetRules>
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
<!--<sourceFilesystem area="E:\iwov_content\predeploy\dumpdir" >-->
<sourceFilesystem area="E:\iwov_dumpdir\dumpdir" >
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
<targetRules area="E:\iwov_content\dumpdir" />
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="Stg_TeamsiteToPersServer">
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes"/>
<transferRules doDeletes="yes"/>
<permissionRules file="0644" directory="0755"/>
<targetFilesystem area="E:\iwov_content\dumpdir"/>
</target>
</definition>
<deployment transactional="yes" >
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA" downRev="" >
<deployNRun >
<dnrDeployment location="source" when="before" state="success" >
<script cmd="d:\iw-home\interwoven\teamsite\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe d:\iw-home\interwoven\DataDeploy\bin\ddsync.ipl E:\iwov_dumpdir dumpdir dump full /default/main/test/STAGING" as="" where="d:\iw-home\interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\conf" async="no" >
</script>
</dnrDeployment>
<dnrDeployment location="target" when="after" state="success" >
<script cmd="d:\iw-home\interwoven\teamsite\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe d:\iw-home\interwoven\DataDeploy\bin\ddsync.ipl E:\iwov_content dumpdir loaduds full E:\iwov_content" as="" where="d:\iw-home\interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\conf" async="no" >
</script>
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
</deploymentConfiguration>
Migrateduser
what are the errors other than the one cited?
there should be more info. your previous posts cited "unallowed directory" errors.
what are the odrcvr.xml configs on each of the receivers?
what are the errors in each of the receiver logs?
do things work with a farm of 1 target rather than 2 targets?
Migrateduser
1) I'm getting a different error now - I think do to the fact that this morning - I re-generated my loaddb.cfg on a whim
here's the error log in full from the last deplyment I ran:
Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: Renaming [E:\iwov_content\dumpdir\about_us_about_us.dump.iwnew] -> [E:\iwov_content\dumpdir\about_us_about_us.dump]
.
ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[E:\iwov_dumpdir\dumpdir]
ERROR: Failed 1 of 2 local_directories
client: ROLLBACK Transactional Deployment
client: Remote status: server-OK
client: [Tue Apr 08 14:21:17 2003] opendeploy 20030408.1024.2 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM COMPLETED E:\iwov_dumpdir\dumpdir .oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2 wsp03 ASNWSP02
client: [Tue Apr 08 14:21:17 2003] 20030408.1024.2 STATS DEPLOYMENT E:\iwov_dumpdir\dumpdir -- .oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2 OK
Directories deployed : 0 Files deployed : 0 Links deployed : 0
Directories failed : 0 Files failed : 12 Links failed : 0
Directories deleted : 1 Files deleted : 0 Links deleted : 0
client: File Content transferred: 33300 bytes
ing-cleanup
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 still waiting for 1
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 exiting awaiting-cleanup
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 entering cleanup
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 After CLEANUP, res=0
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 exiting cleanup
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 entering task-failed
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 still waiting for 1
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 Deleting the internal config file =
\iw-home\INTERW~1\OPENDE~1\OPENDE~1\lib\.oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 Job ID=m122 Deployment leg=stagingappserver2.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA Elapsed Time=7313 ms <<<
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Thread-461 End logfile [D:\iw-home\interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\log\src.oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.wsp03.to.stagingappserver2.log]
2) odrcvr.xml are on both servers -
3) Here's the receiver log:
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:09 EDT GMT-04:00 Begin logfile [D:\iw-home\Interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\log\rcv.oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2.log] ---------
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:09 EDT GMT-04:00 Job ID=m122 Deployment=oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:09 EDT GMT-04:00 Waiting for 1 children to complete phases
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:15 EDT GMT-04:00 EXITING [setup] ENTERING [dotask]
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 EXITING [dotask] ENTERING [commit]
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 All 1 children failed
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 EXITING [commit] ENTERING [rollback]
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 EXITING [rollback] ENTERING [cleanup]
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 EXITING [cleanup] ENTERING [task-failed]
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Signalling completion to MacroDeploy
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 All 1 children completed their phases
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 Job ID=m122 Deployment=oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2 Elapsed Time=7250 ms <<<
ENG: 2003-04-08 14:21:17 EDT GMT-04:00 End logfile [D:\iw-home\Interwoven\OpenDeploy\OpenDeployNG\log\rcv.oddd_kev.SEND-OVER-FILES-AND-METADATA.stagingappserver2.log]
4) deployment fails with either one or two targets
Migrateduser
is this to a "live" windows server?
the renaming error suggests potential file locking.
you may want to try using the svrTryXXX options.
also the receiver log quoted is the hi-level macro log.
there is a more lower-level micro log that would have
more detail tracing info.
Migrateduser
yes this is to a live windows server - which actually does in-deed deploy my dump files to the iwov_content directory - however - I never get filelist files:
what is svrTryXXX?
Thanks
Edited by koneill on 04/09/03 02:42 PM (server time).
Date.fcn
Migrateduser
It's a collection of attributes you can set in your deployment config file, which instruct OD to retry writing of files on the target. This is typically used to circumvent the problem of IIS or other services locking files at the same time the deployment is going on.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com