Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
wrapper around iwpt_compile
System
Hi,
Is there way that I can cause my custom perl script to be called rather then iwpt_compile.ipl when the Preview button is clicked in the DCR Tempating form.
Thanks,
Rajiv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
A customer I'm working with used FormAPI code to disable the standard Preview button, and includes a cgi-callout Preview button within the DCT that calls their own custom script to generate the files and deploy them to a staging server (where they use an AppServer to render the pages just like they do for production). As this is not *my* code, I do not feel at liberty to post it here (sorry)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Thanks Ghoti. One doubt, can we override the Preview button completely using Form API. I thought that the event can be trapped but the default fucntionality still gets invoked.
Thanks,
Rajiv
Adam Stoller
As it isn't my code I haven't really looked at it - but yes, my customer has completely disabled the default Preview button. You click on it and get an alert telling you that it cannot be used and to, instead, click on the Preview button within the DCT form. Ideally, one would completely override the default functionality and use the custom functionality in its place - and this might be possible - I just haven't been directly involved with doing so.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
gzevin
yes you CAN disable it if you're in 5.5.2. Search for ButtonDisabler.jx file, it had been posted to the templating forum. If yoo can.t find, message me and I'll mail it to you.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU