Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VisualFormt issue!!!
sspopuri
Hi there,
After installing VisualFormat plugin, my Internet Explorer crashes as soon as I open up a DCT with Textarea field!
Any one had this problem? if yes, how did you fix it?
Thanks in advance....
Shyam
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MattP
What version of IE including service packs are you using? IE6?
What OS and service packs? XP?
matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
sspopuri
I am using IE5.5 and OS Windows NT 4.0.
I had similar desktop before and it was working fine on that desktop!
MattP
OK, not what I expected. I run IE 5.5 SP2 with no issues. I also have users on NT without issue. I would try to increase the memory to the IE. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall from the .exe (not on the fly).
Good luck
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
HCR
Security patch screws up visual formatter on IE 5.5. Upgrade to IE 6 w/o security patch or upgrade your formatter to newest version which fixes bug. Had the same problem here.
TimerLog560.ssd.zip
12170.pdf
pwb
I followed the steps to fix this problem in the support document 49345, problem is now resolved. You may also want to review 49116 (the problem is discussed).
jvsteyn
Having the same issue. VisualFormat crashes as soon as we try to open the pr file, and when I use the test function.
We have TeamSite 5.5.2 and IE 6.0.
Any ideas would be helpful
Mich
Hi I too have a problem with VF and am running IE6 and TS 5.5.2. Except VF shows an object not found error when loading the DCT. Any solutions to this would be appreciated.
jvsteyn
The problem I was having launching Visual Format has been solved. Thanks to this forum, I was pointed in the right direction. I thought that since we had the latest version of TeamSite we had the latest version of eWebEditPro. That is not the case. After I followed the instructions carefully in regards to upgrading this product, my problems disappeared. It was still related to the stated Microsoft IE update that needed to be addressed. TeamSite 5.5.2 comes with eWebEditpro version 2,5,0,15, but follow the instructions on how to check your version. This version needs to be upgraded. Actually a very simple process once I was pointed in the right direction.
Thanks.
JPC
I am experiencing the same problems and I am very much interested in the two support documents you've mentioned.
I have browsed this site for them, without any results. Could you or anyone else help me finding these documents?
Fibonaccii.ssd.zip
15700.pdf
Adam Stoller
I believe the article you're looking for is
49116
.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
abhishek_gupta
I faced the same problem with
IE 6.0
and it was solved by applying the
server side patch
.
Have a look at -
http://www.ektron.com/support/ewebeditprokb.cfm?doc_id=2281
and download the patch -
http://www.ektron.com/software/beta/ewebeditpro/v2607/ewebeditpro2IWPatch.zip
AK
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant
hemranga
Hi,
This is an issue where any updations done w.r.t Micorost IE crashes the Visual format
There is a patch that IW has released. I am sending the article number for the same and also attached here is the patch. See if this helps
ArticleID=49345
Hemanth