Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
email server problem..
Sunil Mugalavally
Hi,
I am using the "iwsend_servlet_mail.ipl" to send emails notifications in the workflows using external task.
The workflow hangs at the email extrernaltask when the email server is down.
Is there a way to error handle this situation.
I would like to by pass the email notification when the email server is down may be through task callbacks.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
iwsend_servlet_mail.ipl was not [re-]written to gracefully deal with mailserver problems. I believe it may be deprecated and possibly removed in a future release (not sure, just guessing) - I would recommend switching to either iwsend_mail.ipl or the iw_solutions_mail.ipl script instead (the latter is likely to be the "one-true-supported" script in the long-run)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Sunil Mugalavally
Thanks Ghoti.
I will try with the iw_solutions_mail.ipl script and see if that helps.
-Sunil
Bubas_IWOV
Hi,
The reason the workflow hangs is that, if a command is executed in perl and something fails then the script automactly aborts, the solution is to make that command be run inside of an eval() tag and if the result is true then you are ok if not then bring back to the previous task or to a failure task.
Bruno
Adam Stoller
That is correct - I simply considered it more work than necessary to suggest the individual re-write the code that was shipped in that script, vs. using one of the other scripts that are also shipped and written correctly in that respect.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
SideBySideLabels.dcpackage.zip
output.pdf
outputSBS.pdf
Sunil Mugalavally
I changed my email notification script to use "eval" and it worked.
Thanks very much for the help.
CSV2HTML.dcpackage.zip