Can we use Composer for developing java code (for example for Workflow Methods) or should we use a separate Eclipse installation?
If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
I just used the update function in Composer. Go to Help -> Software Updates... Then on the Installed Software tab, just select Update. That hits the Eclipse Ganymede site and will update the install in place for you. (Do so at your own risk!)
Note that the update will only update the Eclipse related software and some of the other plug-ins you might have installed. It will not update any EMC plugins. At least not yet. Poking around, I can see that EMC left some update hooks that leaves open the possibility of automagically updating EMC Composer content.
Composer already includes the plugins needed for Java development so you should not need another Eclipse installation.
I'd just go with Composer, unless your development environment requires certain Eclipse plug-ins that would conflict with the Composer environment.
Personally, I upgraded Composer to Eclipse SDK 3.4.2 and installed a few other plug-ins to make development easier. Three that I recommend are Subclipse, Checkstyle and JD-Eclipse.
When you say "I upgraded Composer to Eclipse SDK 3.4.2", do you mean you just installed Eclipse 3.4.2 on top of Composer somehow?
-Dave
Sorry for the slight thread hijacking, buyt this is still the general topic of how to set up a development environment. Anyway, my company's standard IDE is intelliJ IDEA and I'm really not too enthused about having to deploy another IDE to my development team's desktop. There don't happen to be any plans to port the Composer eclipse plugins over to IDEA are there? It sure would make my world simpler
Thanks,
Larry
Hi Larry, there are no plans to port the Composer plug-ins to IntelliJ.
Thanks for the response! At least now I have something to fall back to if I get any flack for wanting to violate an iunternal development standard by installing Eclipse.