Hello,
When I use DAB I can switch current locale for data types and attributes labels.
How can I do the same thing in Composer?
Thanks.
Hi Alexander,
Page 38 of the Composer 6.5 SP2 User Guide describes how to do this. You can download the User Guide here:
https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-4158
Please let me know if you encounter any problems.
Hi Robert,
Thank you for responce.
I'v read the latest version of Composer User manual.
Unfortunatelly I still have a problem.
Default locale on my PC is ru_RU.
But Composer creates artifact using default locale en. So, when I press "Generate Localization Template" nothing is generated.
I have to open artifact files xxxxx.type using some text editor and change manualy any
<locales xsi:type="dclass:AttrNLSDDInfo" label_text="Test string" help_text="" comment_text="" nls_key="en"/>
to
<locales xsi:type="dclass:AttrNLSDDInfo" label_text="Test string" help_text="" comment_text="" nls_key="ru"/>
After that localisation templates are generated successfully.
Other way is change locale on my box, but this is not very useful in russian company
Late reply but for reference sake: if you want to change Composer default locale, you have to change the defaultLocale value in .dmproject file of Composer project.
See Setting locale in Documentum Composer | Docbyte for more info
Hi all,
I have a custom property named "model" but seems like when I generate the localization template, this property is not taken in charge in the locale file for my custom type. What can explain this behaviour ?
Regards
Change your computer's regional settings to the language you'd like.
Hi Ahmad,
Thank you for your suggestion. My computer settings are already to the desired language. All other property of my custom type are generated, except for this particular property type "model"
Can you open the type-artifact with a text editor (it's an XML).
Check if the values for model are present, and if they are not: add them manually.
Then install the project and see if it works.
Abdoulaye wrote:Hi all,I have a custom property named "model" but seems like when I generate the localization template, this property is not taken in charge in the locale file for my custom type. What can explain this behaviour ?Regards
Documentation says:
For each type in the project, do the following: In the Attributes tab, expand an attribute node and click Application Interface Display. The General section appears to the right. In the General section, ensure that a value for the Label field is specified. Complete steps a and b for every attribute. In the Display tab, ensure that a value for the Type label field is specified.
The only thing documentation misses is: if the label is the same as attribute name composer considers that label is not specified.
Thank you Bart,
Seems this was not the cause of the issue, since the "model" values was present in the type-artifact xml file.
Anyway, I could resolve the issue in Composer: I have opened the artifact type and go to "Attributes" panel; in the list of attributes, I have selected "model". In Application Interface Display, I have changed the Label of "model" to "Model".
Now it is working fine when I generated the localization template.
"The only thing documentation misses is: if the label is the same as attribute name composer considers that label is not specified."
That was the cause of my issue. Thanks