We are using TeamSite templated to store Web site asset data (image information, navigation information, etc...). The file generated is XML that is consumed by ASP logic. At first I was comfortable with keeping this info in a templated format... until they started getting
BIG.
Some of these DCR forms have several hundred item stored in them. They are a pain to manage. I'm assuming that DCRs weren't meant to hold that much information.
we considered building a middleware app that used databases. It would have a more managable interface, but we want our clients to use it too. So we asked ourselves if we need 2 content management methods running in parallel (we'd have to develop our own check in/check out, workflow, etc...).
That's my dillema. I've tried to think of a way to make an interface that is more usable than DCRs for holding massive amounts of data, but is not separate from TeamSite. We've considered CGI callouts, but I'm not sure that's going to help. We do not yet have data deploy for TeamSite.
Has anyone run into this problem? I would love to hear any ideas you could throw at me.
TIA! :-)