I have not seen it take hours but I have some questions that may help us narrow down the cause...
Are you installing the project from the Composer UI or using the DAR Installer? If the former, do you have lots of projects in your workspace? Composer UI does a "clean build" of the entire workspace and the rebuilding MANY projects may take a while.
How many artifacts are in the project? What kind of artifacts fdo you have?
Do you see the same performance if you install into a different Repository?
Hi,
I am installing D6.5 sp1 web publisher DAR file using darinstaller and the installation is still running ,since 4 hrs.The content server is on Unix machine and
DAR size is 12 MB.I forgot to give path of log file and hence unable to identify the root cause.Any hint?
I Installed WebPublisher.dar using DAR Installer 6.5 SP2 on my relatively low-powered machine talking to a SQL Server Repository running on a VMWare image. It took 16 minutes.
Please check the CPU & memory consumption of the machine that is running DAR Installer to see if anything out of ordinary is going on. If all is OK, This could mean it is the machine your repository is running on or the network. You may want to try restarting your Repository or installing into a different Repository to see if that gives any clues.
Hi Ramin,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a similar problem with my dar installation thought if I post here it will reach to you soon.
we are trying to install a taskspace application into a production server and dar hangs for hours and blocks the database for a long time.
The Dar consists - New Taskspace appliaction ( forms,adaptors,processparameters(>1500), objectype,TBO,Methods,3 jobs, Form Adaptors(SBO),workflow)
we installed the same dar to our Stage environment and it installed successfully though it took around 2hrs. but when we are installing the same dar to production it hangs while creating the taskspace app object. we tried restarting the docbase,clearing the cache, cleared the workspace of headless composer.
still no luck.
would it be possible to post the log message from \temp\documentum folder?
Hello All,
we opened a ticket with EMC, and the issue is now fixed.
DCTM 6.5 sp2 has a bug which is fixed in 6.5 sp3. when a dar is installed datapublishing job will kick off and it locks the root type tables which cause the dar installation to hang and never terminates nor throws any error in the installation log.
Workaround : disable the datapublishing job while installing the dar, and enable it after dar installation
Thanks
Ravi N