If there are Accepted Answers, those will be shown by default. You can switch to 'All Replies' by selecting the tab below.
You setup the identity for the ObjectService just like you did for the QueryService (setting it in the ServiceContext), which you mentioned earlier you have already successfully done for the Query service.
What's your concern? You are right that in QueryService you need to bind a RepositoryIdentity with request, that's because most DFS web services are credential-requried. There are some anonymous services and even that you can custom your services as anonymous.
For the secure services, providing the plaintext username and password is just a simply way. DFS also supports to pass tokens and SSO credentials. Please refer to DFS development guide for more information.
Well, my main concern is getting the get call to work. Right now I'm getting an error that I thought might be a security error.
From a user standpoing, though, we will be setting up a web service to allow a user from outside of Documentum to make a call to get document content. I guess I assumed the DFS "get" service would require some form of authorization to verify the person has access to view to the document. Our orginal intent was to have the user ID passed in, and then obtain a log-in ticket to do the authentication.
Are you saying that there is no identity associated with a get service call?