Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow Variables in external task
johnjamesmarsh
TeamSite 5.5.2
I am trying to use a workflow variable to pass some parameters between external and CGI tasks. My variables are defined as:
<command v='GetNewWAName.cgi' />
<variables>
<variable key='Area' value='__TAG__('Area');'/>
<variable key='SubmitComment' value='__TAG__('MRs');'/>
<variable key='SubmitInfo' value='__TAG__('Area');'/>
</variables>
Inside the task I check the value using:
$iwhome/bin/iwjobvariable -g Area $job_id
and I get the following error: Undefined variable
The XML output of the workflow looks fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? My __TAG__(‘Area’); returns a valid value and $job_id is set correctly. I have also tried inverted commas around Area.
On a side point I can set a variable in my CGI task (using iwjobvariable –t) and then use the created variable in an external task afterwards. I just can’t set the variable in the workflow and then pass it to a task.
Any help gratefully received.
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
Looks like you are using
task
variables instead of
job
variables, so try using
iwtaskvariable
instead of
iwjobvariable
.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
johnjamesmarsh
Doh. Thanks for that. It's all working beautifully now.
In my defence I have to say the documentation is a little weak in this area.