Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD GUI bug/issue?
System
Has anyone else noticed that in the OD gui the "Selected Host:" pulldown goes in alphabetical order now instead of always defaulting to localhost?
this forces us to go to "servers" > "manage servers" everytime we log on and switch to localhost...how can we have the lists default to localhost?
we are using od 5.6
---------------------
Eric B.
Federated Investors
AOL IM: arthas76
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
webby
Yes, I have and its nearly caused a couple of unexpected deployments from the server at the top of the list.
I'm serious considering changing all the system names to "x_whatever".....
Migrateduser
same here, but we shouldnt have to do that. hopefully IW will address this...it may seem minor but its highly annoying.
---------------------
Eric B.
Federated Investors
AOL IM: arthas76
Migrateduser
The following feature request is open...
36636:Customize order of the host names in Admin UI, or at least specify default.
Eric, I've added your company to the list of interested customers.
"webby", if you tell me who your company is, I'll add it too. Or you can register interest through Tech Support.
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Add Nike, Todd. I thought you had already taken care of this. What happened?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
You're already on the list. I recall discussing this with you at a focus or user group meeting. But I'm pretty sure OD 5.6 was already out the door.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Ahhh yes. So can we expect this to be in the next OD release or is it in the feature request abyss till who knows when? I love putting you on the spot, Todd. You handle it so much better than the others...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Can't commit yet. We're doing planning for the next release, and I'm hoping to get this usability improvement in there...
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
16505.pdf
webby
Todd
Thanks, company is Credit Suisse First Boston
Migrateduser
Got it. Thanks!
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Im curious as to why this is now considered a "feature request" instead of a bug when this wasnt a problem w/ previous versions of the OD gui?
---------------------
Eric B.
Federated Investors
AOL IM: arthas76
Migrateduser
The OpenDeploy UI never allowed one to customize the order of the host names or to specify a default host. That's why there's a feature request filed.
I don't recall whether past releases always forced localhost to the top of the list. If it did that, and now it doesn't, I can see where this could be considered a bug, or at least an undesireable change in behavior (for some).
However, I think implementing the new feature would provide more flexibility than simply forcing localhost to the top of the list. In the meantime, perhaps you could define a server called AAAA or something like that, and assign that to the localhost address.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com