Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Calling a WFT file in Custom Menu Item
System
HI All,
I am trying at add a Custom Menu Item Called "Delete_Files". The fucntionality of this Menu Item should be as follows:
1. When the end user select file and select this (Delete_Files) menu item; it should invoke a workflow which should delete the files from STAGING and DEPLOY the STAGING file to WebServer.
Anyone done it before. If so.. Please let me know the procedure how to proceed. Earliest help is definately appreciated...
Thanks in Advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I implemented something like this as a CGI script for a custom menu item - currently without a workflow (though that's tentatively planned, to make deletions into deltion *requests* that go through a review process) - as just a CGI script - you can get the list of pre-selected files from the GUI (see output from show_env.cgi) and then unlink() the files in the workarea, create a filelist for the deletions (format of filelist is "filename\ncomment\nfilename\ncomment\n...") - use the '-f' flag for 'iwsubmit' and another filelist (filename\nfilename\n...) for the deployment) - invoke iwodstart with the '-k' flag to specify the filelist.
I took about a 1/2 day to design it, and about 1 to 1.5 days to implement. I'd post it, but the code utilizes a bunch of custom perl modules for doing things that are necessary as part of the deletions in this environment, and so might be more confusing than just having provided the above directives.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Alyssa
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on how to kick off a workflow from a custom menu item?
I have a decommissioning workflow that I would like people to be able to instantiate from a custom menu item "Decommission files".
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite (including patches and service packs)?
What platform/OS?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Alyssa
We're running TeamSite 5.5.2, SP 5ea, Windows 2000 SP 4.
Johnny
Here is a fairly generic one.
It takes the name of the workflow as a command line param, and it does use a couple custom modules, but you should get the idea from it.
Some of the form parsing just comes straight out of show_env.cgi
This was built for v5.5.2
There will be a different method for CMI in v6.0
John Cuiuli
Block_ContrCalls.PNG
Johnny
oh and no laughing at the code!
John Cuiuli
Adam Stoller
There's an SP5 for 5.5.2 ? (could be I suppose, I have no idea anymore)
If there is an SP5 - can I guess that it was provided to support W2K SP4 - since previous versions of 5.5.2 (and 6.0) do *not* support W2K SP4.
If you're using 5.5.2 SP3 or higher, I believe there is a CLT for invoking WFTs from the command line. I haven't used it, but you might take a look for it and it might make the process of instantiating the wft a bit easier [I haven't looked at Johnny's code]
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Johnny
Yeah it's a little dodge, Im pretty sure a few of the form variables arent really used, but there are there anyway.
I havent had any problems with it though.
It was written off the back of some of the posts here by fish and ashkat..( i think!) and a little snooping of the html sent by iwwft_instantiator.cgi.
John Cuiuli
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Migrateduser
Good guess Adam, SP5 is in early access, and it's to support this new MS release.
lissa