Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy and mail-admin.ipl
System
I would like to use the mail-admin.ipl script that comes with OpenDeploy 5.6. Just wondering how I'd use it. (Solaris, TeamSite 5.5.2)
My deployment configuration file is like this:
<deployment transactional="no">
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="deploy_to_internet" />
<dnrDeploymentJob location="source" when="after" state="success">
<script cmd="/user/home/saran/mail-admin.ipl" as="" where="" async="no" />
</dnrDeploymentJob>
</deployment>
The file is with permission 777.
The program's usage says:
Usage: mail-admin.ipl -h | -v | -t to-address -s mail-server
-h - print this information
-v - print version information
-t to-address - email address to send message
-s mail-server - mail server hostname (e.g., smtp.company.com)
But how'd I pass the 'to address' and 'mail server' when executing via deployNRun? Right now the deployment went fine but nothing happens with respect to the email.
I checked the deployment log file with and without the deployNRun. There's just this one line extra and no other information.
(2) RunScripts when=client_after_disconnect on state=success
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Saravanan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
script cmd="/user/home/saran/mail-admin.ipl -t
me@here.com
-s smtp.here.com" as="" where="" async="no" />
Migrateduser
Thanks Andy.
I made the change and the script ran fine. I got the email but it didn't list the deployed files.
So, I did some search and found this interesting thread about in memory log:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_OPENDEPLOY&Number=12078&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
I eventually changed the config xml to
<deployment transactional="no">
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="deploy_to_internet">
<deployNRun>
<dnrDeployment location="source" when="after" triggerPoint="transfer" state="always">
<script cmd="/user/home/saran/mail-admin.ipl -t
me@here.com
-s smtp.here.com" as="" where="" async="no" />
</dnrDeployment>
</deployNRun>
</execDeploymentTask>
</deployment>
and everything went fine.
Thanks
Saravanan
syim
Is there an example on how to modify the mail-admin.ipl to run under Windows?