Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving to a new Server
waldemar
Hi guys!
Having too many hardware problems with our old Teamsite Machine we decided to switch the Server.
Are there any "migrating" documents or hints for a procedure like that?
Like
- Copy templating.cfg...
- Copy own IPL-Scripts (currently lying in httpd/...)
- Copy whole Y:
Am I missing something? Are there any caveats? Has anybody done something like that?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite are you running?
If pre-5.5.2 - you're in for a lot of work - because all the SIDs will be different on the new machine.
If 5.5.2 - you should be able to stop TeamSite on the current server, create a full backup of the backing store (e.g. c:/iw-store - *not* Y:/) restore that backup to the new server and then use iwidmap to adjust SIDs for all the users (actually, if your users are mostly domain users it shouldn't be too difficult, there will only be 2 or 3 accounts you'll have to adjust this way - like TSIMP_hostname, Administrator, etc.)
In general, however, I'd suggest contacting Support and working with them so that they can help guide you through the steps to take.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
TJRees
We will be moving to a new win2k server as well (TS/TST 552 and OD 560). From what I recall from converting and upgrading to TS 552, I needed to manually recreate the workareas (clone_was.ipl). Would you know if I will need to do this again now that I am just restoring the backing store from 552 to 552...I believe I will end up with Temp workareas after doing this...just need someone to confirm this...THANKS!
13adam13
Just migrating from one server to another, without an upgrade, will not require that you run the clone program. Everything that you need lives in the backing store you will copy from one system to the other.
However, you can choose to run the clone program, and take it as an opportunity to remove some old data, or as a way to possibly decrease down time ( I had one client whose slow systems and large backing store size combined made restorations take nearly 48 hours!)
--Adam Wilson
Senior Programmer