Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Setting MetaData
System
Hi,
I want to set the MetaData based on the file type. For instance no one should be able to set the MetaData for Image files. The user should be able to set the MetaData on HTML, JSP files only.
I have a Custom Workflow (which attaches the Images attached to the HTML file) which captures metadata and submits and then uses DataDeploy to deploy the MetaData to the DataBase. When I invoke the workflow the to Submit the files to STAGING along with setting MetaData to the file it asks to enter the metadata for those attached Images as well.
How can I come over this ? any help is highly appreciated.
Shahid
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Shahid. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is currently no way to exclude certain types of files from being presented for tagging in MT UI.
You could use metadata-rules.cfg in conjunction with datacapture.cfg to present a minimal set of items for those file types you don't want ppl to tag but obviously, this solution isn't perfect since it will still present users with those files in the UI.
Aside requesting a feature from Interwoven, the only other quick way may be to modify mtmetaproxy.ipl/cgi to filter out those files types using regex.
In that script, there is a line that reads
$parameter_string = $parameter_string."path_$counter=".uri_escape($fullpath,"^A-Za-z0-9")."&name_$counter=".uri_escape($f,"^A-Za-z0-9")."&";
you can wrap that statement with a if statement with a regex statement for file types you want to include. Note that this will apply to all workflow tasks though.
Hope this helps.
sunil_j
Hi Shahid,
Metadata can be set based on File Types. Navigate to iw-home/local/config/metadata-rules.cfg and edit the file with a suitable regex for appropriate file types under
<cond vpath-regex="__REGEG_EX__">
<rule name="__RULENAME__"/>
</cond>
Replace the __REGEG_EX__ and __RULENAME__ with appropriate values.
I hope it helps.
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant