Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inline Visual Format Editor with <description>
lcarr
TS 5.5.2 Win2K.
I have a Visual Format edit field on a DCT with inline="f". The <description> text does not show up on the DCT when the field is in focus. If I change to inline='t', the description appears. Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?
Code from DCT:
<item name="Module Summary">
<label>Summary/Description</label>
<description> Can be no more than 300 characters. </description>
<textarea required="f" rows="6" cols="50" validation-regex="^[\s\S]{1,300}$" wrap="virtual" external-editor-inline="f" external-editor="visualformat">
</textarea>
</item>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi
I just tried that piece in my dct but I was able to see the description fine even if the VFE is a callout. What does the description look like when place the editor in focus? is it just blank?
I was on IE 6, what is your IE version?
Mike
IWOV Support
lcarr
I am running IE 6.0 and have attached a zip file containing a screen capture of the exact IE version information, my datacapture.cfg, and a screen capture of the DCT with data. When I put focus on the VFE fields, the description does not refresh. It retains the description of the last DCT item that had focus. This occurs in both WebDesk and WebDesk Pro.
Record1.txt
Record1_Desc2.txt
Migrateduser
Can you tell the owner of your support case that I believe this is a bug.
I found that if you hit the text area initially then it works but if you jump back and forth then callout textarea eventually does not reflect its description.
I was able to reproduce with your dct
Mike Villa
IWOV Support
lcarr
Thanks, I have reported this as case # 1147891 and have sent your reply to the case owner.
jwl
Hi,
What fixes/workarounds/patches eventuated out of this? I am experiencing the same problem. (TS 552, Sol 8)
John
lcarr
IWOV acknowledged this was a code bug. The bug fix is a code change to the datacapture.js file.
Add - && item.attributes.get("external-editor-inline") == "t" - to the first "if" statement in the function datacapture_handleElementSelect() as follows:
function datacapture_handleElementSelect( itemInstanceID )
{
var item = datacapture.itemsRegistry.find( itemInstanceID );
//If this is a visual format control, this select call could have been
//caused by the control forcing focus on itself. We should not consider
//this select event, since we will be resetting the focus to the currently
//active item, if one existed. This is only applicable when the form is
//first rendered, or when eWebEditPro.iwIsReady is false.
if ( eWebEditPro && item.attributes.get("external-editor") == "visualformat"
&& item.attributes.get("external-editor-inline") == "t"
&& datacapture.activeItem && !eWebEditPro.iwIsReady)
{
.....
}
Migrateduser
I am also experiencing similar problem. Sometimes I can get the descriptoin after clicking on the VFE field couple of times.
I can go ahead and change my datacapture.js file.Before that I want to verify if there is a patch avaiable for this. Changing Interwoven code is perilous as
1. Interwoven explicity says it won't support any customer code changes to the programs
2. Any future service packs/patches may overwrite this file.
-koti
TechAspect
Edited by brain_wave on 06/07/04 03:57 PM (server time).