Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Locking model
MattP
So if "User A" locks a file (maybe makes an edit) then "User B" submits the directory. The behavior we are seeing is that even locked files (locked by user A) are submitted and unlocked. What am I missing? Doesn't seem like that should happen. I know there is a keep locks options, but I am now thinking that it would still submit the locked file, but re-establish the lockowner. How is it that a lock is released by someone who doesn't own the lock?
TS 5.5.2
Win 2k
Single WA
Submit locking
User is Admin logged in as Editor
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Locking when multiple people use the same workarea does not work as cleanly as one would like. One thing you can do
is have a pulldown lock the file as root. Then I think it will not
let this happen.
We use WF to lock all files in WF (owned by tsadm), that is stopped by TS when someone submits.
Andy
Migrateduser
A lock in a workarea prevents someone in another workarea from doing something. Depending on the locking model, people working in other workareas of a branch cannot submit (submit locking model) or edit (write locking model) a file with the same area relative path.
That is, having WA1/dir/file locked prevents WA2/dir/file from being sumbmitted/modified
James E. Pace
Quality Engineer
Interwoven
Adam Stoller
In the [iwserver] section of your iw.cfg file - do you have the following setting enabled?
only_lock_owner_creator_submits=yes
If not - try setting it, doing an iwreset, and then see if you can replicate the scenario you described. If so, contact Support to open a bug report on it.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
MattP
I added it, did a reset, same behavior. I have opened a case.
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
MattP
IF I had done this correctly, it would have worked. The entry needs to be in the IWSERVER section (as fish said).
Now that it is in the right section, it works exacly as we would like it to.
Thanks
matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
InjectProperties.source.zip
18444.pdf