Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Trying to debug iwproxy_preconnect_remap entries
PaulD
I'm trying to debug the following lines:
[iwproxy_preconnect_remap]
_regex=(.*)/SystemsSales/WORKAREA/[^/]+/images/(.*)=$1/SystemsSales/CommonFiles/STAGING/images/$2
_regex=(.*)/SystemsSales/SystemsSales_Dev/WORKAREA/[^/]+/images/(.*)=$1/SystemsSales/CommonFiles/STAGING/images/$2
_regex=(.*)/Devel/WORKAREA/Paul/images/(.*)=$1/SystemsSales/CommonFiles/STAGING/images/$2
When I put these in, I ran "iwreset -a". Then, for example, I went to the Paul workarea and then the images directory, I do not see the files from the source branches STAGING images directory.
I tried running "iwproxy -d" but it errors with the message
"error binding server socket: Address already in use".
Does this mean i need to shutdown the proxy server? If so,l how do i do that?
tia
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Paul
Yes you do need to kill the current iwproxy, on Unix as root run ps -ef | grep iwproxy and then kill -9 (proxy PID)
On Windows it should be in the control panel / services
HTH
ANdy
PaulD
Thanks for the help. I did get the d'**** working and I see my entries.
*However*, When, I try to "use" my changes, it appears it still doesnt work.
Here are my steps using this regex: "_regex=(.*)/Devel/WORKAREA/Paul/images/(.*)=$1/SystemsSales/CommonFiles/STAGING/images/$2"
1. In TeamSIte, I click on the "Devel" branch,
2. then "Paul" workarea,
3. and then the "images" directory.
But I dont see the files from the "SystemsSales/CommonFiles" branches STAGING areas images directory!
And it doesnt look like the TS click are even registering with the proxy. Heres the excerpt from the Admin Guide:
(pg187)Through [iwproxy_preconnect_remap], which retains your original area as the current
working area and directs files there from another area. In this scenario, docroot is based on
the original area’s parent branch.
tia,
Paul
PaulD
BTW, I'm running 5.5.2 sp2 on AIX 5.1:
iwproxy: 5.5.2 Build 11360 Interwoven 20020908
Michael
I don't think you will see the files being remapped in either the TS interface or via the command line.
Where the remaps will be used is when you preview your content.
eg: If you have a html page in your Paul workarea which has a href /images/apple.png.
Your remap will come into play and the proxy will look for apple.png in SystemsSales/CommonFiles/STAGING/images/apple.png
HTH
Cheers
Michael
PaulD
Thank-you again, Michael.
I suspected as much but was baffled by the Admin Guides entry:
(pg187) "Through [iwproxy_preconnect_remap], which retains your original area as the current working area and directs files there from another area. In this scenario, docroot is based on the original area’s parent branch."
I suppose it'll be fruitless to argue the wording. The key is probably the 'docroot' reference.
We are looking for a way to allow different branches to share resources but seem to be foiled at every turn.
thx again,
Paul
nipper
It will not work that way.
If you click on a page that has:
href to /somehere/foo.html
the proxy will remap that (everything through the browser) to
/iwmnt/default/main/a/different/branch/STAGING/foo.html
or even to another server.
It will not make the TS UI show files that exist in other areas.
Symbolic links may help (for you Unix installs)
But to do this:
>We are looking for a way to allow different branches to >share resources but seem to be foiled at every turn.
you can say have common images shared over multiple branches. THey will not all live in he local /images directory, but the proxy can make everything look proper. Then you need to make certain the correct stuff gets deployed.
Andy