Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Switching from client to applet Launchpad
System
TeamSite 5.5.2
Solaris 8
We are currently using the client side Launchpad. What would effect would I have on these users if I switched, use_launchpad_applet=false to true?
Would the legacy Launchpad continue to work, and only new users would see the applet? Or would everyone start to see the applet? I see on page 65 of the admin guide that they will be prompted to upgrade, but does that assume that it's a later version on the same platform? what if it's now applet, when it had been client?
tia.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I know IWOV announced the obsolecense of the launchpad client. If you are running into difficulties with the applet we'd like to know why.
Historically the client had more issues than the applet, particularly with regard to it being a client-side install.
The 5.5.2 Admin guide
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/html/552/ts.552.admin.win/index.html
says: Currently, only the applet version is shipped with TeamSite. There is still an entry in the [iwcgi] section of iw.cfg that says to use the applet by default:
[iwcgi]
use_launchpad_applet=true
Do not edit this entry.
The 5.5.2 Release notes -
https://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/teamsite/html/552/ts.552.rn.htm
say:
The LaunchPad application is no longer supported; however, it has been replaced by the LaunchPad applet.
It is my understanding that the iw.cfg entry is for the entire system.
lissa
Migrateduser
I'm new to this installation. The old launchpad was one of the first things that I noticed, since I had forgotten how to use it. I want to move to the applet, but I don't want to affect the developers w/o warning them.
Migrateduser
>What would effect would I have on these users if I
>switched, use_launchpad_applet=false to true?
Everyone who then invokes LaunchPad would use
the applet instead of the application. Even those that
have the application locally installed.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
thanks.