Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get the Job Spec file for a running workflow?
cnelson
Is it possible to access the Job Spec for the current workflow file from an external task running as part of that workflow? Once the WF has started is the job spec file stored anywhere? I can't seem to find a CLT or function call to access the Job Spec files.
Some background on what I'm trying to accomplish:
I'm trying to instantiate a new Workflow using TeamSite::WFsystem->CreateWorkflow() in an external task as part of a workflow and I'd like to use the currently running workflow's job spec file as the base, rather than keeping a separate copy of the XML around, loading it up and running substitutions to get the variables I need in.
Is this possible?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you're running 5.5.2 SP3 (or SP4) - you can use
iwwft_compile.ipl
to instantiate a WFT from the command line (see
perldoc
iw-home
/bin/iwwft_compile.ipl
for details)
Otherwise you can try to use
TeamSite::WFsystem
and
TeamSite::WFtemplate
to try to do the same thing - but it's not officially supported, and its a bit unwieldy to write the code for it.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
cnelson
I was doing some more research and found the iw_output_file parameter for TAG_INFO. Is it a bad solution to generate a random file name, and use that for iw_output_file, then later pass that random name to the external task as a variable? Then the external task can read in that file, create the new workflow and unlink the tmp file.
Are there any problems with doing it this way?
Adam Stoller
That could work too - but I thought you were trying to avoid the temporary file situation.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
cnelson
I wasn't very clear, I'm ok with having a temp file, I just didn't want to have a static copy of the workflow as a jobspec xml that wa loaded each time. I don't want to have to update the wft and the xml any time I make a change to the workflow logic.
The Iw_output_file seems like my best bet.
Thanks much.