Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD simulate deploy != actual
laj1
I've noticed that in many instances (and I'll try ot attach one) simulate deployment reports that it wants to deploy several files, while the actual deployment when run, does not deploy any files because they are, in fact, all up to date.
I'm on TS 5.5.2 SP2 - OD 5.5.1 SP2, on Win2k SP3.
The attachment is from my OD log, and the top deployment is the actual deployment, which deploys no files, becuase they are up to date, and the bottom deployment is a simulation of the same deployment, which says it wants to deploy 16 files.
Anybody else seen this?
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rwinterpacht
I have had similar issues, where OpenDeploy simulation will report one number, and the actual deployment reports something different. The way our configurations are setup, however, it makes sense.
We deploy a directory in one definition with do_deletes, then deploy a second directory in a second definition without do_deletes, which has the same target path, and will overlay any differences. So when the deployment runs in preview mode, the second definition will be inaccurate because the first definition didn't actually deploy any files out. So the second definition is just comparing source to target, but the target has become inaccurate since the first definition didn't run. Make sense? We had opened up a case and IW stated that the deployment was doing exactly what we told it to based on configuration.
You're problem may be slightly different, if you're only using one definition.
Thanks,
Raf Winterpacht
laj1
Thanks for your reply.
Indeed, I am doing a single source, single target deployment, without do_deletes.
The crux of the problem, is even after deploying, and making the target up-to-date,
OD's simulator still says it wants to deploy 16 files.
I like the simulator, but I like it a lot less when I can't trust it anymore.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Migrateduser
I seem to recall some issues with simulation statistics in 5.5.1, which were addressed later in OD 5.6 SP1. You may want to try your test case using OD 5.6 SP1 to see if it returns the expected result.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
laj1
True, but I wasn;t planning on upgrading to 5.6 for a while yet. I guess I'll have to make the upgrade a priortiy.
Can't you jst issue a patch?
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!