Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can datacapture.cfg show information-only fields?
System
Hi.
I'm trying to put together a metadata capture screen and would like to put some non-enterable, 'information-only' content onto the screen.
For instance: if I could let the publisher using the screen see the create date of the file and the last modified date, this could save hours of swapping to the file properties screen for the files being worked on.
I experimented with using text fields in combination with inline callouts combined with the 'allowed' tag, but this had the effect of making the value in the text box not-viewable rather than not-editable.
I know it's a data CAPTURE template and not a data DISPLAY template, but this seems like a feature that might be available and I'm just missing the boat here.
Has anyone else done this?
Thanks
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Rather than using 'allowed' tags - have you tried using 'readonly' tags?
Alternatively, something I've done in the past, is use a single radio-button item pre-selected to display some information in a way that doesn't allow the user to do anything with it.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)