Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCT Navigation
System
When creating a hyperlink to another page, how do we link to one file's DCR from a DCT?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
I think you would need to provide more details of the steps you are working on.
However, if you are using browse button in your DCT to link to any DCR, then you can navigate to it as usual. And your "initial-dir" would set at root.
Not sure if this is what you wanted to confirm...
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Migrateduser
Hi Akshat,
Thanks for the response. Actually, what I am trying to achieve is navigation from one DCT to another. And also I need to know that should i be creating a DCR for each DCT?why?
Appreciate your answer.
Rgds,
Abhilash
abhishek_gupta
And also I need to know that should i be creating a DCR for each DCT?why?
When you enter content into a DCT and save it, it saves as a DCR.
And can you add some more details. Are you trying to achieve a navigation from the generated page or the DCT?
AK
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant
Migrateduser
Hi Akshat,
Actually the case is this - I have a page with a left hand navigation of links which have sub- links when i click on the main/primary link. The problem is how do i achieve this in templating? What should be my approach? I am lost at this point and it will be nice if you can point me from scratch.
Regards,
Abhilash
Michael
Hi Abhilash
The problem you seem to be describing is that of capturing your navigation 'content' in TeamSite. This is a problem which is dealt with in some way on every TeamSite project. Every solution is probably somewhat different based upon the particular requirements of the business.
I don't think anyone can tell you how to architect your solution based on the information provided.
It sounds like you would benefit from the help of an experienced TeamSite professional. Such a person would have solved such problems in a variety of ways and can advise on the pros and cons of various options.
Best of luck!
Cheers
Michael
mike_jaixen
This is something that everybody needs; every web site has some hierarchy of content. While each project may have different requirements on how to display these results, every web site needs to build navigation from their content inventory.
Migrateduser
Thanks Michael, got it figured out....