Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SP4, VisualFormat, IE6 crash?
syim
After we installed SP4 for TeamSite 552 (on Windows 2000) and TeamSite Templating 552, our clients on XP with IE6 SP1 experiencing IE6 crash when creating a new DCR.
This crash problem only happen to the Template contains VisualFormat editor and the IE crashes after save and close the new DCR. It dose not crash the IE when editing an existing DCR that was created by the template contains VisualFormat editor.
Our current eWebEditPro Test Page indicate the VF version is 2.6.0.7
May I know if this problem is caused by SP4 or VF? How can I resolve this problem?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jzhuang
VF causing IE to crash when saving or closing a DCR with 4 or more instances of visual format editors is a known issue for all versions of VF. I am not sure it has anything to do with SP4. The only known solution is to use the popup mode of the editor.
I need to get more details about the DCR you are newing and the DCR you are editing to figure out why one works and the other doesn't. So it will be a good idea to contact interwoven support.
syim
The new DCR only contain one VF. After it crashed, I can edit the same DCR again without crashing.
abhishek_gupta
There is a server side patch for preventing the crashing of IE when VFE loads. Check the other posts -
"
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=19097&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1"
AK
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant