Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Massive deployment speed difference OD 5.5.2
nipper
This is strange. I have a WF that I run an iwodstart, it takes 4 seconds to run. My customer wants a custom menu item to deploy. Fine. Using the same deployment, OD takes 1 minute 41 seconds. This is on the same machine, just copying to /tmp. I have included the logfiles. OD runs for almost 2 minutes, just very slowly from the custom menu item.
Name (ID) Start Target Status Elapsed Owner Actions
configfilesinstance (m177) 4/18/03 3:19 PM e02k34(mylocalhost.move config) completed 0:00:04 rc572c
configfilesinstance (m179) 4/18/03 3:43 PM e02k34(mylocalhost.move config) completed 0:01:41 rc572c
I have included the logs. Any clue ? I need a drink.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
FWIW - your
slow
deployment is deploying from
/.iwmnt/default/...
(the non-caching mount-point), while your
fast
deployment is deploying from
/default
which is, I believe, essentially deploying from the caching (
/iwmnt
no '
.
') mount point.
My guess is you are supplying the path for the source of the deployment as part of the custom script, before doing so - just use a little regex:
$path =~ s|^/\.?iwmnt||;
and see if that fixes the problem.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
12386.pdf
nipper
huge freaking difference. I was being lazy (OK so that is a big surprise) and just grabbing $area_path from the environment variable. That did include /.iwmnt
Thanks a bunch Fish
Andy
Migrateduser
just want to point out KB 49776 .
for dirdiff and filelist deployments, there is some exposure, so
it might be better to use /.iwmnt (the non-cached mount).
for tsbased deployments, use /default.
the drawback of /.iwmnt is the perf slow-down.
there is known enhancement that is planned for OD5.6 SP2 (?)