Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OpenDeploy 5.6 in MS Cluster
System
Hi,
I've OD 5.6 running on Win2K in a MS clustered environment.
We have 1 virtual IP shared by the 2 clustered servers.
Our client is a Unix box.
While deploying from one of the servers, the unix machine doesn't recognize the incoming request to be from a virtual address.
Am I supposed to add 2 separate IP addresses in the odnodes.xml of my receiver?
Are the 2 clustered servers supposed to be treated as 2 independent servers or as one single virtual host?
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hey Ashish,
Can you give some more info, on the network setup? Also odnodes does not belong on the receiver. odnodes.xml is a list of target servers, so odnodes.xml belongs on the base server along with odbase.xml.
Along with the network config can you list the odbase.xml and odnodex.xml and the odrvcr.xml.
Stefan
Migrateduser
Hi Stefan,
I DO need the odnodes file even on receiver.
The odrvcr.xml file makes use of the odnodes.xml file to get the hostnames.
Anyways, I've found the solution.
I need to use the virtual IP (that is common for both the clustered servers) in the odnodes.xml file.
Regards
Adam Stoller
Unless something has changed which I am unaware of - the odnodes.xml file is ONLY used by the BaseServer to translating the nodeRef's within the replicationFarmSets into actual server names - the Receiver does NOT [again, as far as I know] utilize the odnodes.xml file at all.
--fish
Strolling Prime Minister of no fixed address
dlsoderberg
Hello,
We are trying to do something similar to what you had done. We have a Veritas cluster of 2 servers. We want to have OD deploy content to a Virtual IP for the cluster. Were you successful in your attempts to deploy to a VIP?